1Dr. SapnaNarasanagi,2Dr.Sujnana.V.S. ,3Dr. Shreevathsa, HOD
1,2,3Dept. of PG Studies in Ayurveda Samhita &Siddhanta, GAMC, Mysore
Ayurveda provide unique treatment modalities and medicaments for the disease conditions. In Charaka Samhita classifications of drugs are made based on Karmas (actions) called asMahakashayaa Dashemani (group of ten drugs) and these are classified into 50 groups. Varnya Dashemani(group of complexion enhancing drugs) is one such group which is said to be more effective in curing the aliments related with skin complexion. In the present study a case of Topical steroid-dependent face - Acne rosaceawas administered with VarnyaMahakashayaGhanavati (250mg 4 tabs /BD) and VarnyaMahakashayachurna(powder) for 15 days and the formulation has provided significant relief in symptoms. Hence it can be considered that VarnyaMahakashayadrugs can be useful in treating Acne rosacea and can be taken for further clinical trials.
1. 1. Acharya YT, editor. (5th ed.) Charaka Samhita. Sutra Sthana; Shadvirechanashatashriteeya: Chapter 4, Verse 10 (8). Varanasi: Chaukhambha Sanskrit Sansthan; 2006; 32.
2. Acharya YT, editor. (5thed.). Commentary Ayurveda Dipika of Chakrapanidatta on Charaka Samhita. Sutra Sthana; Shadvirechanashatashriteeya: Chapter 4, Verse 3. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Sanskrit Sansthan; 2006; 30.
3. Pallavi .G: A Study on the concept of Varṇya vis-à-vis clinical evaluation of efficacy of Varṇya gaṇa lepa inVyaṅga; GAMC, Mysore, 2012.
4. Rosacea. (2016, July 13). In Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. (cited 2016 Jul 14) Available from https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Rosacea&oldid=729668060
5. P. R. Waratenne, Mahendra Prasad and M. S. Meena. The role of Varnya Maha Kashya in the maintenance of skin complexion. Anaplastology an open access journal. Cosmetology-2012, vol.1, issue.3, pp.77, 2012 [International Conference and Exhibition on Cosmetology & Cosmetics. Hyderabad International Convention Centre, India, 2012]
6. Sapna Narasanagi, Sujnana VS, Jyoti Devangamath, Shreevathsa. Hepatoprotective property of varnya mahakashaya – An innovative insight. Global J Res. Med. Plants & Indigen. Med. 2015; 4(8):172–181.