^Back To Top
Dr.K.B.Hiremath , Phd
Prof/Hod Rachana Shareera Dept. Sjg Ayurvdic Medical College Kopal-583231
In this literature an effort is made to show and exhibit the position of grahani compared with modern anatomical structure by referring all the classics and sangrahakaras grahani is pittadara kala and it is not a organ (duodenum).
Anatomical, physiological and pathologically in both Ayurvedic and modern It is came to know that grahani is not a duodenum it is lining epithelial membrane which is present in small intestine. Here the word grahanath grahani the food which holds for long period to help digestion and absorption. This grahana activity will be done by plicae circularis and villi. Which are present in the small intestine by increase the surface area of the mucosa layer in the lumen 8 times.
I hat’s off to the knowledge of our ancient’s without seeing microstructure of intestine they explained grahanath grahani.
1.Charaka Samhita, Chikitsasthana 15/56-57, edited by YadavajiTrivikrama Acharya, Chaukhambha Publications, New Delhi, 2014, page no. 517
2.Susruta Samhita, Sareerasthana, 4th chapter 18thslokha, edited by YadavajiTrikamaji Acharya, Chaukhambha Sanskrit Samsthana, Varanasi, 2014,
3.AstangaSangraha, Sareerasthana, 5th chapter 36thslokha, edited by Dr Shivprasad Sharma, Chaukhambha Sanskrit Series office, Varanasi, 2014, page no. 303
4.AsthangaHridayam, Sareerasthana, 3rd chapter 50 -51thslokha, edited by Pt. HarisadasivaShastriParasakara, Chaukhambha Sanskrit Prakashan,Varanasi, 2011, page no. 394
5. SharangadarsamhitaK.R.Srikanta Murthy 4th edition-2001 page no-28 -zÉÉ. zÉÉ.6-36
6. Susrutasharirasthana by- PriyaVrat Sharma edition 2005 page no-200 -zÉÑ zÉÉ.4/18 7
7. “Ayurveda Mahasammelan Patrika”,1942,-Page-415.”
8. “Principles of Tridosha”,1937,Page,59,94.”8
9. “Ayurvedic Sharira”, D.N.Banjerjee, Vol-1,Page-274.9
10. SusruthaSharira 4, Page,113, Ghanekar, 10
11. “TridoshaTatwavimarsha”, R.R.Pathaka,Page,160.11
12. “Ayurveda KriyaSharira”, R.Ray, Page,384.12
13. *“Madhavanidhana”, Commentary by S.Shastri, Purvaadi Page, 150.13
14. “CharakaSamhitha” by Shri GulabKunverba Ayurvedic Society, Jamnagar, Vol-5,Page, 56-57.
15.(A)—Ayurvedaacharyaprof||Dhamodar Sharma Gowda.M.M.S.srivaidyanathayurvedabhavan limited, great nagaroad nagapur-9. 1st-Eddition-1964 and 2nd Eddition-1979
(B)— By Dr.BynarjeeDheku Ayurveda ShariraPrusta 282 (PARISHABDHA shabdharthashariram).
16. Modern Anatomy, Indrabir Singh’s Text book of Human Histology 7th eddition15
17. Shri Shiv CharanDhyaniGrahaniRoga Thesis16-( page no-16)
18.Susruta Samhita, Sareerasthana, 7th chapter 3rdslokha, edited by YadavajiTrikamaji Acharya, Chaukhambha Sanskrit Samsthana, Varanasi, 2014, page no. 376
19. Tropical sprue-tropical Diseases”-‘Manson & Bahr’ – page 571, 1952 Eddition
20. Charaka Samhita, Sareerasthana 7th chapter 12thSlokha, edited by YadavajiTrivikrama Acharya, Chaukhambha Publications, New Delhi, 2014, page no. 338
AsthangaHridayam, Sareerasthana, 3rd chapter 12thslokha, edited by Pt. HarisadasivaShastriParasakara, Chaukhambha Sanskrit Prakashan, Varanasi, 2011, page no. 387