1Soundharya R, 2Kalpana T, 3Aruna. V, 4Gayathri. R
Dr. JRK’s Research and Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
No. 18 & 19 Perumalkoil Street, Kunrathur, Chennai- 600069
We have earlier established that S.I.V.A herbal drops boost the immunity by increasing the phagocytic ability of macrophages. However this benefit warrants better proof for making effective communication and subsequent conversion of clinician’s faith to S.I.V. A herbal drops. For the above purpose we have defined a novel method wherein we blend immune elicitation benefit of (photosensitivity) of sun the UV irradiation will trigger Langerhans cells and the release of several inflammatory mediators leading to a cascade effect called erythema. The immune suppressive agents like steroid would suppress such reactions of the skin if applied and then exposed to sun. We have studied how S.I.V.A herbal drops attenuate the immune suppressive effect of steroids and elevate the inflammatory response when applied and expose to sun. The findings reveal that S.I.V.A herbal drops effectively nullified the effect of steroid and elicited inflammatory reaction proving the fact that S.I.V.A herbal drops is indeed immune booster. Findings are discussed in the article.
Keywords: Immune, Langerhan cells, inflammatory, S.I.V.A herbal drops
1. J.R. Krishnamoorthy and S. Ranganathan. Immunomodulatory properties of certain Siddha drug- Pesin and S.I.V. A. Journal of Research in Ayurveda and Siddha. (2003) Vol- 24 (1-2): 71-78
2. Aruna V., GayathriRajagopal. Secret behind the Safety of the Siddha Products: An Insight from Metal Chelation. Research and Reviews: A Journal of Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy. 2016; 3(2): 24–27p
3. Heather C. West and Clare L. Bennett,Redefining the Role of Langerhans Cells As Immune Regulators within the Skin. Front Immunology. 2017; 8: 1941.
4. ShwetaJaitley and TR Saraswathi. Pathophysiology of Langerhans cells. J Oral MaxillofacPathol. 2012 May-Aug; 16(2): 239–244.
5. Julien Seneschal, Rachael A. Clark, Ahmed Gehad, Clare M. Baecher-Allan, and Thomas S. Kupper. Human Epidermal Langerhans Cells Maintain Immune Homeostasis in Skin by Activating Skin Resident Regulatory T Cells. Immunity. 2012 May 25; 36(5): 873–884.
6. Subramaniam Swarnalatha Appavoo Umamaheswari Ayarivan Puratchikody. Immunomodulatory activity of kaempferol 5-O-β-d-glucopyranoside from IndigoferaaspalathoidesVahl ex DC. (Papilionaceae). Medicinal Chemistry Research. July 2015, Volume 24, Issue 7, 2889–2897