1Garima Mishra , 2Dr. K.K. Chagti
Smt. Vidyawati College of Pharmacy, Gora Machhiya, Kanpur road, Jhansi (U.P)
The present study was carried out to estimate the total amount of secondary metabolites (protein) in four important valuable medicinal plants, viz. Lens culinaris, Vigna unguiculata, Dolichos biflorus and Phaseolus vulgaris using ultraviolet visible spectrophotometry. The result decribed that the all four seeds belonging to family Leguminosae have sufficient amount of protein which prove all four of them possess high nutritive values..
Key words: Lens culinaris, Vigna unguiculata, Dolichos biflorus and Phalaseous vulgaris
1. A.N. Korpenwar, S.U. Borkar, ‘Indigenous Medicinal Plants Used By Traditional Healers of Buldhana Tahsil, Dist. Buldhana (M.S.)’, International Journal of Recent Trends in Science and Technology, Vol 1(1), (2011) 14-19.
2. C. Menaka and A. Mary Helitha, ‘Role of methanolic extract of Dolichos biflorus seeds in hyperlipidaemic models of wistar albino rats’, International Journal of ModernResearch and Reviews, Vol. 1(1), (2013) 35-43.
3. D. Sicard , L. Nanni , O. Porfiri , D. Bulfon and R. Papa, ‘Genetic diversity of Phaseolus vulgaris L. and P. coccineus L. landraces in central Italy’, Plant Breeding 124, (2005) 464 - 472.
4. Gangarao Battu, Ch.K.V.L.S.N.Anjana Male, T.Hari priya, Venna Naga Malleswari, S .K. Reeshma, ‘A Phytopharmacological Review On Vigna Species’, Pharmanest - An International Journal of Advances In Pharmaceutical Sciences Vol. 2 (1) (2011), 62-67.
5. Kripi Vohra, Vivek Kumar Gupta, ‘Pharmacognostic evaluation of Lens culinaris Medikus seeds’ Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine (2012) S1221-S1226.
6. Bradford, MM. A rapid and sensitive for the quantitation of microgram quantitites of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Analytical Biochemistry 72: (1976), 248-254.
7. Stoscheck, CM. Quantitation of Protein. Methods in Enzymology 182: (1990), 50-69 .
8 Government of India. Ministry of health and family welfare. Indian Pharmacopoeia Vol I .The Controller of Publication, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, 2007 p no. 99