^Back To Top
Vd. Rawal P. S.1Vd. More M. S.2
Department of Panchakarma,Shree SpatashrungiAyurvedMahavidyalaya and Hospital, Nashik, Maharashtra.
India is a mother hub for development of Ayurveda andPanchakarma. Ayurveda is a science of life and the only science which guide us about living healthy, long life. The aim of Ayurveda is “swasthasyaswasthyarakshanam”.1so to maintain health of healthy individual Panchakarma therapy plays important role.
Today’s lifestyle changes like irregular diet, pollution, stress, hormonal changes are directly affect the skin. It causes many skin diseases and most common in them is Acne vulgaris i.e.Mukhadushika. In present era Acne vulgaris is one of the most common problem in 80% of population in the age of 11-30 years. In 2013 Acne vulgaris was estimated to affect 660 million people globally. Because of that it can marked the 8thmost common disease worldwide.2
Acne vulgaris can be correlate with Mukhadushika in Ayurveda. It is included in Kshudra-rogas according to Sushruta.3In classical Ayurvedic texts many combinations of herbal medicines are mentione.They can be massage with oils, lep, alep etc...All these lepas not only enhances the skin (varnya) but also prevent. Protect, cures the skin complexion..
Acne vulgaris, Lodharadi-lepa, Mukhadushika
1. Charaksamhita, sutra sthana, edited by Acharya RavidattaTripathi&Vidyadhar Shukla, 2004, Published by ChaukhambhaSurbharatiPrakashan, Varanasi,shlok 30/26
2. Davidson’s Principles and Practice of medicine. 20th edition. And indian journal of dermatology acne vulgaris treatment the current scenario.
3. Sushrutsamhita, NidanSthana, Edited by Acharya PriyaVrat Sharma and Dr.Anant Ram Sharma , 2013,v Published by ChaukhambhaSurbharatiPrakashan, Varanasi, shlok 13/40
4. Vd. VidyadharShukala and Vd. Ravi Triphati. CharakaSamhita- Vimansthana, Varansi: Chaukhamba Sanskrit Publication; 2013. shlok 3/1.
5. Dr.BrahamandTripathi .SharangdharSamhita-Purvakhanda,Varanasi: ChaukhambasurbhartiPrakashan; 2015. shlok 11/11
6. Sushrutsamhita, sutra Sthana, Edited by Acharya PriyaVrat Sharma and Dr.Anant Ram Sharma , 2013,v Published by ChaukhambhaSurbharatiPrakashan, Varanasi, shlok 18/6
7. Sushrutsamhita, NidanSushruta, Edited by Acharya PriyaVrat Sharma and Dr.Anant Ram Sharma , 2013,v Published by ChaukhambhaSurbharatiPrakashan, Varanasi, shlok 13/39
8. Dr.BrahamanandTripathi. AstangaHrdayamUttarsthana; Delhi: Chaukhamba Sanskrit Pratishthan; 2013.shlok 31/5.
9. BhishgratnaPandit& Shri Bramha Shankar Mishra. Bhavaprakasha- Madhya khanda; Varanasi: Chaukhamba Sanskrit Sansthana; 2003. Shlok 11/97.
dia. J. Genet., 2013; 92: p.93-95.