^Back To Top
Dr. Saurabh Parauha1, Dr. R P Parauha2
1Lecturer,SAMC,Department of Kaya Chikitsa, Aligarh,(U.P.),India
2Ayurvedic Practitioner, Rewa,Madhya Pradesh, India
Bahupitta kamala is a pitta pradoshja vikar. The symptoms are similar to that of Hepatocelluar Jaundice. Hepatocellular jaundice is an infectious disease affecting liver. Clinical features of hepatitis are Jaundice, Abdominal pain, Nausea, Anorexia, Fatigue. The incidence of the disease is increasing day by day due to change in life style and eating habits. Modern medical science does not have specific treatment for the disease. There is need of some specific and cheap treatment for this disease. Here a case study of Bahupiitta Kamla (Hepatocellular jaundice) treated with Punarnavadi Mandoora and Phalatrikadi kwath is presented.
Key Words: Bahupitta Kamla, Hepatocellular jaundice, Punarnavadi Mandoora, and Phalatrikadi kwath
1. DL Kasper, E Braunwald, AS Fouci, SL Hauser, DL Lango, J.L. Jamson Harrison’s- Principales of Internal Medicine, 17th ed., MC Grawhill medical publishing division. 2008. p.1919
2. Yadavaji Trikamaji, editor, Ayurved Dipika, Sanskrit commentary, Charak samhita, Chaukham basurbharati prakashan, Varanasi, 2013, p.528-529
3. Sharangdhara Samhita, English Translation by Dr G Prabhakar Rao, Chaukhambha publication, New Delhi, 2013, p. 87
4. Chunekar K. C., editor, Bhavprakash Nighantu, Chaukhamba Bharati Prakashan, Varanasi, 2010, p. 12
6. Kohli K R et al, A comprehensive Review on Trivrit (Operculina Turpethum syn.), International Journal of Pharma and Bioscience vol.1/Issue-4/Oct-Dec 2010.
7. Deepak Bhaskarmurthy Hiraganhalli et al, Hepatoprotective and antioxidant activity of standardized herbal extracts – Pharmacognosy magazine, Vol.8, Issue 30, 2012. p. 116-1