^Back To Top
1Dr . Tomar Pravesh , 2Dr.Lal Sudeep , 3Dr. Garg Saloni
1.Associate Professor, Dept. of Prasuti Tantra & Stri Roga. Rishikul Campus, Haridwar, Uttrakhand Ayurveda University ,Harrawala ,Dehradun (India)
2. Lecturer department of Swasthwritta, Swami Kalayan Dev Ayurvedic College, Mujjafarnagar.
3. PG Scholar (M.S.2nd year) , Dept. Of Prasuti Tantra & Stri Roga. Rishikul Campus, Haridwar, Uttrakhand Ayurveda University ,Harrawala ,Dehradun (India)
Aims and objectives: To evaluate the efficacy of Tanduliyaka in the management of anaemia during pregnancy and compare its efficacy with the standard drug ferrous sulphate.
Material and methods : The present study was conducted in 30 clinically diagnosed patients of Garbhini-Pandu i.e. Iron Deficiency Anaemia during pregnancy of 16 to 24 weeks gestational age (Hb% 6-10gm%, pallor in mucous membranes (Pandu), rough and dry skin (Raukshya), breathlessness (Swas), fatigue (Shram) , palpitation(Hridspandan), oedema(Shoth), etc.) for clinical evaluation of amaranthus on the various Ayurvedic and scientific parameters. For this purpose Ghan Kalpna of Tanduliyaka, filled in capsules (500mg 1BD) was provided to 15 patients and they were asked to consume it with lemon water. Second group of 15 patients was treated with iron tablets (60mg 1OD).
Results : It was observed from the current research project that patients of Iron deficiency Anaemia in pregnancy treated with Tanduliyaka capsules in group-A, showed extremely significant results(P<0.001) where as in group-B significant results were observed (P <0.01) in Haemoglobin% and subjective parameters(Aruchi, Daurbalya, Hridayspandan, Swas, Pandu, Shoth).Only significant results appeared in other investigating parameters i.e. RBC PCV MCV etc. No side/toxic effects were noted in any patient and her foetus during the treatment and after completion of treatment. The outcome of labour was also good.
Conclusion: It can be concluded that Tanduliyaka Ghan capsule is a classical and potent haematinic drug which can be used effectively in the management of Garbhini Pandu vis a vis anemia in pregnancy.
Keywords – Amaranthus viiridilis, Garbhini Pandu., Panduta, Daurbaly, Ghan Kalpna.
1. Sonyam; Physiology Posts The Circulatory System. Function And Synthesis Of Hb. Www.Interactive Biology.Com /3955
2. Stedman’s Medical Dictionary (28th) Edition Philadelphia: Lipincott Williams And Wilkins.2006.p.Anaemia.Isbn 9780781733908
3. Accessmedicine. Mhmedical.Com./Content.Aspx? Bookid=1130 & Sectioned =79722272
4. American Congress Of Obstetrics And Gynaecology Acog Practice Bulletin No, 95 Anemia In Pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol 2008; 112:201-7[Pubmed Absract]