^Back To Top
Dr. A.H. Ansari
Professor Chemistry Govt. P. G. College, Damoh [M.P] India
UTI is very comman disease caused by E.coli, gram negative bacteria already present in intestine, Kidney and urinary tract. Alkaline condition favours the multiplication of bacteria. Presence of E.coli creats burning micturition, eargency of urine with trouble. Use of antibiotics and intake of excessive amount of water can cure it but leads some side effects. various research reveal that colourful berries especially ‘Cranberry’ is highly efficient to cure Eicole infection. As it contains numerous natural products as ‘Antioxidants’, which boost our immune system along with anticlinging property thus prevents bacterial adhesion on the wall of urinary tract as well as urinary bladder.
Keywords – Antioxidants, anticlinging , proanthocyanidine.
1. Stace, Cline, New flora of British Island (2010), 3Ed, Cambridge, UK, Cambridge Univ. press, p 512, ISBN-978-0521-70772-5.
2. ‘Vaccinium’ macrocarpon, ‘Natural Resources Conservation Service’, plants database, USDA .Retrieved 11 No 2014.
3. ‘About Cranberries’, Cranberry Institute, Archived from the original 9 Jan 2010, Retrieved 13 Nov 2009.
4. Cote, J caillet, S.Doyon G,Sylvain, J F,Lacroix, , Bioactive compounds in cranberry and their biological properties. Crit Rev. Food Sci. Nutr 2010, 50, 666-79.
5. Mckay, D L, Blemberg J B, Cranberries and cardiovascular disease risk factors. Nutr.Rev. 2007,65 490-502.
6. Cote J, caillet S, Doyon G, Sylvain, JF, Lacroix M,’ Analysing cranberry bioactive compounds, Crit. Rev. Food Sci. Nutr, 2010, 50, 872-88.
7. Ikeda,Y, Murakami A, Ohigashi H. Ursolic acid, An anti and pro inflammatory tri terpenoid mol. Nutr. Food Res. 2008, 52, 26-42.
8. Avorn,J, Monane, M, Gurwitz J H, Glynn R J, Choodorskiy I, Lipstoz L A, Reduction of bacteria urea and pyuria after ingestion of cranberry Juice JAMA, 1994, 271,751-4.
9. Slothers L A, Randomised trial to evaluate effectiveness and cost effectiveness of naturopathic cranberry products as prophylaxis against UTI in women. Canc. journal of urology 2002, 9, 1558-62.
10. Kalgaonkar S, Gross HB,Yokoyoma W, Keen CL. Effects of flavonol rich diet select cardiovascular parameters in a golden Syrian hamster model J. med. food 2010,13,108-15.