^Back To Top
1Vyas Deepak M , 2Umarkar Suwarna V, 3Lekurwale Pawan , 4Siddhiki Anwar
1Ph.D. (Kriya Sharir) Associate Professor, Jupiter Ayurved Medical College, Nagpur
2Ph.D. (Kriya Sharir) Assistant Professor ,Govt. Ayurved College, Nagpur
3MD (Kayachikitsa) Assistant Professor, Jupiter Ayurved Medical College, Nagpur
4MD (Panchakarma) Associate Professor ,Govt. Ayurved College, Nagpur
CORRESPONDING AUTHOR: Dr. Deepak M Vyas
201 Arihant Apartment, Behind Akash Mall, Ayachit Mandir Road, Mahal, Nagpur.440032
Ayurveda is an ancient science of healthy and happy living and applies their knowledge for the wellbeing of humanity. Today it is observed that when there is a change in the season, humans change their dietary pattern and lifestyle. Nature also binds them to change their lifestyle. It is also observed that according to various seasons our Aahara and Vihara undergo a change. In the early stage, body tries to compensate this stage by demanding a particular food and drink of specific Rasa, Guna, Virya and Vipaka. viz in case of Vata Vriddhi, body demands for Ushna and in state of Pitta Vriddhi body demands for Sheet Aahara and Vihara. Rakta is one of the most important Dhatu of our body, the status of other Dhatu depends on this .When Rakta Dhatu, gets deminute in the body initially body tries to compensate this condition by showing Amla sheet Prarthana. In the Sushrut Samhita, it was quoted that in kshaya stage body demands for particular type of food if we fulfill that demand then the Dhatu comes in normal state. Therefore, the aim is to study whether individual having Rakta kshaya has craving for Amlasheet Dravya. This observational study was carried out on 76 anaemic patients attending OPD and IPD of Government Ayurved College hospital Nagpur. Anaemic patients were further assessed with LAM (Labeled affective magnitude scale) to study up to which extent Amla Sheet Parthana were present. In this study out of 76 patients 50% like Amla Sheet food in direct questioning while 59.21% like Amla and Sheet food by LAM. The mean of both question result was 54.61%.From observational data it was concluded that Amla Sheet Rasa craving was present in most of the anaemic patients
Key Words- Rakta Dhatu, Amla Sheet, Craving, LAM Scale,
1. Agnivesh , Drudbala , Charak. Charak Samhita. In Tripathy B. Tasyashitiyadhyaya. Varanasi: Chaukhamba Surbharati; 2005. p 149.
2. Agnivesha D, Charak. Sutrasthana. In Tripathy B. Khuddagchatushpadiyadhyaya. Varanasi: Chaukhamba Surbharati Prakashan; 2005. p. 208.
3. Sushruta. Sushruta Samhita. In Shashrtri A. Doshadhatumalakhayavriddhivigyaniyam. Varanasi: Chaukhamba Sanskrit Sanstana; 2005. p. 60.
4. Shushrut. Sushrut Samhita. In Shashtri A. Doshadhatumalakhyayavriddhivigyaniya. Varanasi; 2005. p. 56.
5. Agnivesh , Drudhabala , Charak. Charak Samhita. In Tripathy B. Sutrastana,Vidhishonotadhyaua. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Surbharati Prakashan; 2005. p. 429.
6. Shushrut. Shushrut Samhita. In Shashtri A. Sutrastana,Shonitvarnaniyaadhyaya. Varanasi: Chaukhamba Sanskrit Sanstan; 2005. p. 56.
7. Sushruta. Sushrut Samhita. In Shashtri A. Sutrastana,Vranaprashnaadhyaya. Varanasi: Chaukhamba Sanskrit Sanstana; 2005. p. 85.
8. Sushruta. Sushruta Samhita. In Shashtri A. Sutrastana,Doshadhatumalkshayavriddhivigyaniyaadhyaya. varanasi: Chaukhamba Sanskrtit Sanstana; 2005. p. 56.
9. Agnivesh , Charak , Drudhabala. Charak Samhita. In Tripathy B. Chikitasastan,Raktapittadhyaya. Varanasi: Chaukhamba Sanskrit Acadamy; 2006.
10. Shushruta. Shushrut Samhita. In Shashtri A. Sutrastana,Doshadhatumalvriddhivigyaniya. Varanasi: Chaukhamba Sanskrit Sanstan; 2005. p. 58.
11. Vagbhata. Ashtang Hrudaya. In Paradkar SS. Sutrastana,Doshadivigyaniya. Varanasi: Chaukhamba Surbharati Prakashan; 2002. p. 185.
12. Vagbhata. Ashtang Samgraha. In Murthy KRS. Sutastana,Doshadivigyaniya. Varanasi: Chaukhamba Orientalia; 2000. p. 353.