^Back To Top
1Vyas Suwarna D., 2Vyas Deepak M., 3Topare Sunil G,4 Thakare Prabhakar B
1(Kriya Sharir) Assistant Professor ,Govt. Ayurved College, Nagpur
2(Kriya Sharir) Associate Professor, Jupiter Ayurved Medical College, Nagpur
3(Kriya Sharir) Associate Professor ,Govt. Ayurved College, Nagpur
4(Kriya Sharir) Associate Professor ,Govt. Ayurved College, Mumbai
Ayurveda is an ancient science life. It is observed that according to various seasons our Aahara and Vihara undergo a change. In the early stage, to maintain homeostasis body tries to compensate this stage by demanding a particular food and drink of specific Rasa, Guna, Virya and Vipaka. Rakta is one of the most important Dhatu of our body. When Rakta Dhatu, gets deminute in the body initially body tries to compensate this condition by showing Amla sheet Prarthana. In the Sushrut Samhita, it was quoted that in kshaya stage body demands for particular type of food if we fulfill that demand then the Dhatu comes in normal state. So the aim of this paper is to study effect of Amla Sheet dravya (Amalaki) in Anaemic Patients with reference to Amla Sheet Prathana. This is clinical study carried out on 30 anemic patients attending OPD and IPD of Government Ayurved College hospital Nagpur.. In this study there was two group having 15 patients in each group. In Group A Amla, sheet Dravya Aamalki was given to the patients of Rakta kshaya having Amla – Sheet Prarthana. Statistical analysis with the help of student’s paired‘t’ test shows there is significant changes were seen in Amla - Sheet Prarthana, Hemoglobin percentage (P < 0.05 i.e.0.023) and Red cell count (P < 0.05 i.e. 0.015).In group B patients of Rakta kshaya was on routine normal diet. It was observed that Amla Prarthana was significantly reduced but changes observed in sheet Prarthana was insignificant. There is an insignificant changes observed in Hemoglobin percentage (p>0.05 i.e. 0.57) and RBC (P > 0.05 i.e. 0.35).It is concluded that Amla Sheet Dravya Amalaki has significant effect to reduce Amla Sheet Prathana and to increase Hemoglobin, RBC count.
Key Words- Rakta Dhatu, Amla Sheet, Amalaki Craving, LAM Scale,
1. Shushrut. Sushrut Samhita. In Shashtri A. Doshadhatumalakhyayavriddhivigyaniya. Varanasi; 2005. p. 56.
2. Agnivesh , Drudhabala , Charak. Charak Samhita. In Tripathy B. Sutrastana,Vidhishonotadhyaua. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Surbharati Prakashan; 2005. p. 429.
3. Shushrut. Shushrut Samhita. In Shashtri A. Sutrastana,Shonitvarnaniyaadhyaya. Varanasi: Chaukhamba Sanskrit Sanstan; 2005. p. 56.
4. Sushruta. Sushrut Samhita. In Shashtri A. Sutrastana,Vranaprashnaadhyaya. Varanasi: Chaukhamba Sanskrit Sanstana; 2005. p. 85.
5. Sushruta. Sushruta Samhita. In Shashtri A. Sutrastana,Doshadhatumalkshayavriddhivigyaniyaadhyaya. varanasi: Chaukhamba Sanskrtit Sanstana; 2005. p. 56.
6. Agnivesh , Charak , Drudhabala. Charak Samhita. In Tripathy B. Chikitasastan,Raktapittadhyaya. Varanasi: Chaukhamba Sanskrit Acadamy; 2006.
7. Shushruta. Shushrut Samhita. In Shashtri A. Sutrastana,Doshadhatumalvriddhivigyaniya. Varanasi: Chaukhamba Sanskrit Sanstan; 2005. p. 58.
8. Vagbhata. Ashtang Hrudaya. In Paradkar SS. Sutrastana,Doshadivigyaniya. Varanasi: Chaukhamba Surbharati Prakashan; 2002. p. 185.
9. Vagbhata. Ashtang Samgraha. In Murthy KRS. Sutastana,Doshadivigyaniya. Varanasi: Chaukhamba Orientalia; 2000. p. 353.
10. Vyas DM, Umarkar SV. observational study of Amla sheet food craving in Anaemic patients. International journal of Ayurvedic and Herbal Medicine. 2018 March April; 8(2).