^Back To Top
1Aiswarya A , 2Nayak Dinesh J
1P G student, P G Department of Rasashastra and Bhaishajya Kalpana, Muniyal Institute Of Ayurveda Medical Sciences, Manipal
2Professor, P G Department of Rasashastra and Bhaishajya Kalpana, Muniyal Institute of Ayurveda Medical Sciences, Manipal
Corresponding Author: Dr Aiswarya A, Muniyal Institute of Ayurveda Medical Sciences, Manipal, Karnataka, 576104
Gandhaka Taila is a herbo-mineral preparation explained in various classical texts, mainly indicated in kushta. When the texts of Rasa Shastra were scrutinised, the nomenclature, Gandhaka taila is seen to be given for various preparations. The method of preparation is similar to that of Gandhaka Druti. Interestingly Rasendra Chintamani and Rasatarangini have explained a unique preparation of Gandhaka Taila. 3 batches of Gandhaka Taila were prepared to develop SOP (standard Operative Procedure) and samples were analysed with suitable analytical parameters. The 3 samples of Gandhaka Taila prepared showed almost similar results in all the analysis carried out.
Key words: gandhaka, gandhaka taila, analysis
1. Vagbhata; Rasa Ratna Samuchchaya; Translated With Tattvartha Bodinya Hindi Commentary By Dharmananda Sharmana; Motilal Banarasidas: Delhi; Reprint: 1999; P-39
2. Vagbhata; Rasa Ratna Samuchchaya; Translated With Tattvartha Bodinya Hindi Commentary By Dharmananda Sharmana; Motilal Banarasidas: Delhi; Reprint: 1999; P-41
3. Dhunduka Natha; Rasendra Chintamani; Translated With Siddhi Prada Hindi Commentary By Siddhinandan Mishra; Chaukamba Orientalia: Varanasi; Reprint. 2006; P-72.
4. Introduction To Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometry; Thermonicolet; Medison; Page No 2-7
5. Wulshen TS Atal; Integration Of GCMS Methods For Differentiating Resin Preparation Methods; Analyst: May 2012: 137(9);2077-2085
6. Xiandeng Hou And Bradley T Jones; Encyclopedia Of Analytical Chemistry; John Wiley And Sons Ltd: Chichester; 2000; P-1-2
8. Bency Antony; Sourabh Shara; Bhavbhuti; Manoj Bhai Mehta; K Ratnam; K D Aparnathi; 2017; Study On FT-IR Spectra Of Ghee(Anhydrous Milk Fat); British Food Journal; Volume 119; Issue 1; P- 181-189
9. Alonsol; Fraga M J; Juarez M; Carmona T J; Journal Of Oil Chemistry Society; 79; 1-6(2002)