^Back To Top
1Dr.Santosh V R, 2Dr.Noor Fathima
1Assistant Professor,Department of Dravyaguna,JSS Ayurveda Medical College,Mysuru.
2Assistant Professor,Department of Dravyaguna,JSS Ayurveda Medical College,Mysuru.
Corresponding author:- Dr. Santosh V R
Assistant Professor,Department of Dravyaguna,JSS AyurvedaMedical College, Mysuru.
Contact Address- J S S Ayurveda Medical College, Lalitadripura Road, Mysore-570028
Pain is a major public health issue throughout the world. Both acute and chronic pain is often poorly managed. Persistent pain and many physical and psychological changes and complications associated with it constitute a major health problem. Chronic pain is now considered as a new disease in its own light.1 In Ayurveda the concept of Vedana - sense of sensation is discussed in different terminology. Among two type of Vedana-Dukhathmaka Vedana is considered as a disease and need treatment. In classics many drugs have been told to have property of pain management. Thus the plants Gandha prasarini (Paedaria foetida .Linn) & Ratna Gandhi (Caesalpinia pulcherrima .Linn.Sw.) have been taken for the study.
KeyWords : Vedanasthapana, Analgesic,Gandha prasarini (Paedaria foetida .Linn) Ratna Gandhi (Caesalpinia pulcherrima .Linn.Sw.) , Eddy’s hot plate.
1. EB checked/topic/22398/analgesia) (http://www.britannica.com/
2. Agnivesa, Charakasamhitha, Ayuveda deepika vyakhya by Chakradatta, sutrasthana- 4, page 34. Shareera sthana-1, page 216,219,296,299.
3. Maharshi susrutha, Susruth samhithas,Nibandha samgrahavyakhya by Dalhana, sutrasthana –ch. 5 page- 22, 23/ch. 18 page- 85. Chikitsasthana ch.1page – 399.
4. Shargadhara- Shargadhara samhita-Hrudayadeepika vyakhya- Ch.2 sloka 3
5. D.G.V, Vol-2, P.V.sharma, Pg.no-63
6. Trease and Evans pharmacognosy, Pg.no-246
7. www.japsonine.com, journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science 01 (07); 2011; 180-184.