^Back To Top
*1. Dr.Patil Pratik M., 2. Dr. Bobade Rajkumar B., 3. Dr. Firke Arti R.
1. Assistant Professor, Dept. of Swasthavritta, Dr. D. Y. Patil College of Ayurved and Research Institute, Nerul,
Navi-Mumbai, Email -
2. Professor & HOD, Dept. of Swasthavritta, College of Ayurved & Research Center, Akurdi,,
3. Associate Professor, Dept. of Swasthavritta, College of Ayurved & Research Center, Akurdi,
In today’s era, prevention has definitely a very important role in field of health sciences. A vital organ like eye is of great use without any doubt. Prevention of Eye from various diseases & maintaining the normal vision in today’s computerized and electronic world is of prime importance. For the same reason Ayurved had given very valuable remedies. Considering those parameters & data as a baseline, study was conducted on subjects with disorders related to eyes like Eye strain, Refractive errors, Dryness of Eyes, Lacrimation (Watering of eyes) etc. & were treated with study drug i.e. RUTU HARITAKI. Positive and very useful findings were observed which are discussed thoroughly in the Paper. Giving us a new Vision & ray of hope in field of Ophthalmology, not only in prevention but also in treatment of various diseases related to Eyes.
2) Acharya Vidyadhar Shukla, Charak Samhita, , Vol. 01, Chowkhamba Sanaskrit Sansthan, Varanasi, 2002. Pg. no. 56-65.
3) Kaviraj Dr. Ambikadutta Shashtri, Sushrut Samhita, 12th Ed. Chowkhamba Sanaskrit Sansthan, Varanasi, 2001, pg. no. 334-348.
4) Kaviraj Atrideva Gupta, Ashtanga – Hrudaya, 14th Ed., Chowkhamba Krishnadas Acadamy, Varanasi. 2003, pg. no. 23-31.
5) Kaviraj Atrideva Gupta, Ashtanga – Sangraha, Vol. 1,Chowkhamba Krishnadas Acadamy,Varanasi, 2005, pg. no. 14-16.
6) Prof. K. R. Srikantha Murthy, Bavprakash, Vol. 01., Chowkhamba Krishnadas Acadamy, Varanasi, 2004. Pg. no. 67-87.
7) Shri Bramha Shankar Shastri, Yogaratnakar, Chowkhamba Sanaskrit Sansthan, Varanasi, 2004, pg. no. 108-110.
8) Dr. P. Himasagar Chandra Murthy, Sharangdhara Samhita, 1st Ed., Chowkhamba Sanaskrit Sansthan, Varanasi, 2001. Pg. no. 45-47.
9) K Park, Preventive & Social Medicine, 20th Ed., Bhanot Publication, Jabalpur, 2009, pg. no. 431-433.
10) Stephen J. H. Miller, Parson’s Diseases of Eye, 18th Ed. Churchill living stone, 1992 pg. 05-07.
11) Pandit Hemaraj Sharma, Kashyapa Samhita, Vol. 2, Chowkhamba Sanaskrit Sansthan, Varanasi, 1988, pg. 78-79.