^Back To Top
1Dr. Agarwal Prateek 2Dr. Sipika Swati 3Dr.V.K Srivastava 4Dr. Dhiraj Kishore
1JR-3 Deptt of kayachikitsa Faculty of Ayurveda IMS,BHU 2JR-3 Deptt of stree avum prasuti tantra Faculty of Ayurveda IMS,BHU 3Assistant Professor 3 Deptt of kayachikitsa Faculty of Ayurveda IMS,BHU 4Associate Professor Deptt of Medicine Faculty of Medicine IMS,BHU
Name: Dr. Prateek Agarwal
Designation: JR-3 Kayachikitsa(Panchakarma)
College: Faculty of Ayurveda, IMS, BHU, Varanasi, India
University: Banaras Hindu University
Diabetes Mellitus refers to a group of common metabolic disorders that share the phenotype of hyperglycemia. Several distinct types of DM are caused by a complex interaction of genetics and environmental factors. Depending on the aetiology of the DM factors contributing to hyperglycemia include reduced insulin secretion, decreased glucose utilization, and increased glucose production.
The Virecana Karma (cellular biopurificatory measures) of Ayurveda is claimed to produce cellular cleansing effect, promoting mobilization of essential nutritional pool and immune enhancing effect. Such a line of management is preferred in Ayurveda because of Srotodusti and accumulation of metabolic waste products (Àma) are the main culprit in the diathesis of disease, which is of great significance in case of type-2 Diabetes mellitus. Considering this fact, the present study had been under taken to conduct clinical assessment of the role of Virecana Karma (shodhan Therapy) & Ayaskriti(Samana Therapy) in cases of type 2 diadetes. During this study it was found that only with the help of complete ayurvedic measures i.e Samsodhan & Samana measure (Virecana karma & Ayaskriti) there was fall in Blood sugar level in Type-2 DM as well as lipid profile & clinical symptoms were also improved.
· 1. Harrison’s : Principle of Internal Medicine, edited by Eugene Braunwald, Stephen L. Hauser, Anthony S. Fauci, Dan L. Longo, Dennis L. Kasper, J. Larry Jameson. Mc.GrawHill – Medical Publishing Division, 18th edi.
2. API Textbook of Medicine edited by Siddharth N. Shah, Publised by The Association of Physiations of India, 7th edi., revised reprint 2006.
3. Astanga Hridaya of Vagbhata with commentaries Sarvangasundra of Arundatta and Ayurveda Rasayana of Hemadri, Chowkhamba Prakashan, Varanasi, 1997.
4. Astanga Hridaya, edited by Prof. K.R. Srikantha Murty, Krishnadas Academy, Varanasi, IIIrd edi., 2000
5. Dravya Guna Vijana by P.V. Sharma, Vol II, Chowkhamba Sanskrit Sansthan, 7th edi. 1999.
6. Sushruta Samhita edited by Prof. P.V. Sharma, Chaukhamba Vishwabharati, Varanasi, Istedi.,2001.
7. Charaka Samhita edited by Vaidya Jadavaji, Trikamji Acharya, , Chaukhamba Surbharati Prakashan, Varanasi Reprint edition, 1992.