^Back To Top
Geethanjali College of Parmacy,Cheeryal(V),Keesaera(M),R.R(Dist)-501301,TS,India
The main aim of the present work is to prepare, evaluate and compare Lab Made Herbal toothpaste with commercial Herbal toothpastes. In the present study, commercial Herbal toothpastes such as Himalaya, Meswak and Dent county have been evaluated for their quality. All the marketed Herbal tooth pastes and Lab Made Herbal toothpaste which had been evaluated complied with the standards specified by the Bureau of Indian Standards. The formulations were subjected to various evalution tests like pH, Spreadability, abrasiveness, foaming ability, cleaning ability, fineness, moisture and volatile content, tube inertness,Test for F-, Pb, As, and stability studies. All the Results of evaluating parameters showed that Labmade formulation is comparatively equal and rarely better in terms of results than marketed formulation. Hence the selected Labmade formulation was found to be of good quality.
1. 1. Davies R, Scully C, Preston A.J. Dentifrices- an update. Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal. 2010; 15 (6): 976-82.
2. Ersoy, M; Tanalp, J; Ozel, E; Cengizlier, R; Soyman, M; The allergy of toothpaste: a case report. AllergoletImmunopathol,2008, 36(6),368-70.
3. Jardim, J; Alves, L; Maltz, M. The history and global market of oral home-care products.Braz Oral Res, 2009, 23,(1),17-22.
4. The History of Toothpaste and Toothbrushes. Bbc.co.uk. Retrieved on April 4, 2013.
5. Madhumitha Mazumdar, Makali, Chandrika Mahendra, Prahlad S Patki., Evaluation of the Safety and Efficacy of Complete Care Herbal Toothpaste in Controlling Dental Plaque, Gingival Bleeding and Periodontal Diseases., J Homeop Ayurv Med,2013, 2(2),1000124.
6. VidyaNamdeoDange; Magdum, C.S; Mohite, S.K; Nitlikar, M;Review On Oral Care Product: 45.Sachin patil,formulation of toothpaste from various and extracts of tender twigs of neem, J of Pharm Res,2008 1(2),148-152.
7. , , , and,Antimicrobial Activities of Leaf Extracts of Guava (Psidium guajava L.) of Two Gram-Negative and Gram-Positive Bacteria, International Journal of Microbiology,2013,1,1-7.
8. Abirami CP, Venugopal PV. In vitro evaluation of antifungal activity of toothpastes. J Mycol Med.2005,15,247-249.