^Back To Top
Jagtap Jyoti , Jagtap Manoj*
Ymt ayurvedic medical college Kharghar
Pyelonephritis is an ascending urinary tract infection that has reached the pelvis of kidney. It can cause high fever, pain on passing urine, and abdominal pain that radiates along the flank towards the back. There is often associated vomiting. A female patient 55 yrs old was diagnosed as Pyelonephritis came for ayurvedic treatment with complaints of bilateral pedal edema, bilateral pedal itching, weight gain, constipation, difficulty in urination etc. All these symptoms were reduced after treatment also major reduction in swelling was seen..
1. Ramakrishnan, K; Scheid, DC (2005)."Diagnosis and management of acute pyelonephritis in adults". American Family Physician. 71 (5): 933–42.
2. Hultgren, SJ (2011). "Pathogenic Cascade of E. coli UTI". UTI Pathogenesis. St. Louis, Missouri: Molecular Microbiology and Microbial Pathogenesis Program, Washington University.
3. Korkes, F; Favoretto RL; Bróglio M; Silva CA; Castro MG; Perez MD (2008). "Xanthogranulomatous pyelonephritis: clinical experience with 41 cases". Urology.71 (2): 178–80.
4. Kashinath Shastri, Charak Samhita, Chauhambha Sansrit sansthan, Varanasi, 2009,264
5. Kashinath Shastri, Charak Samhita, Chauhambha Sansrit sansthan, Varanasi, 2009,265
6. Yadvaji Triamji Acharya, Sushruta Samhita, Chauhambha Sansrit sansthan, Varanasi, 2009, 485
7. Yadvaji Triamji Acharya, Sushruta Samhita, Chauhambha Sansrit sansthan, Varanasi, 2009, 489