^Back To Top
1Ade Vedika , 2 Vaghela D.B.
1MS Scholar,2Associate Professor, Department of Shalakya Tantra, Institute for Post Graduate Teaching & Research in Ayurveda, GAU, Jamnagar, Gujarat: 361008
Corresponding Author: Dr. Vedika Ade
MS Scholar , Department of Shalakya Tantra, Institute for Post Graduate Teaching & Research in Ayurveda, Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar, Gujarat: 361008
Eye is an important sense organ, because its loss of function leads to serious disability of man by keeping him in the darkness. Ayurveda therapies are typically based on complex herbal compounds, minerals and metal substances and Panchakarma (Including Kriya-Kalpa). As many comprehensive and local curative applications has been mentioned in Ayurvedic classics for the treatment of Netra roga, but to rise restrictions of single drug therapy, the tradition of complex drugs came into continuation in consequence of slow acting nature of herbal drugs. Abhishyanda or Netrabhishyanda is classifying as the eye disease affecting all parts of the eye and it is possibly correlated with conjunctivitis. The gravity of Abhishyanda is such that it is often said to be the cause of all eye disorders. Acharya Sushruta has enumerated it under communicable diseases. Shigruharidradi Eye Drop (external) and internal Rasayanadi yoga (Arogyavardhini Ras, Khadira Churna, Rasayana Churna, Haridra Churna) used were selected in the treatment of Nertabhishyanda. Individual ingredient of Shigruharidradi Eye Drop having properties like Chakhsushya, Vranaropan, kadughna Vedana Sthapaka and Shothahara which is possibly effective on Nertabhishyanda. Allergic conjunctivitis is type of conjunctivitis treated with immune-modulator drug Guduchi, Amalaki, Haridra. In this article emphasis Shigruharidradi Eye Drop and Rasayanadi yoga.
Key Word: Netrabhishyanda, Conjunctivitis, Shigruharidradi Eye Drop, Rasayanadi yoga
1. Sushruta Samhita, Niband Sagraha commentary by Dalhan, Dr. Kewal Krushna Thakaral, first edition 2014, Varanasi: Chaukhamba Orientalia, Nidan Sthan. 5/33-34 page no.760-761
2. Sushruta samhita,G.D Singhal, second edition 2007, Delhi: Chaukhamba Sansskrit Pratishthan, Uttara Tantra. chap-6/5, P.27
3. Mario La Rosa, Elena Lionetti, Michele Reibaldi, Andrea Russo, Antonio Longo, Salvatore Leonardi, Stefania Tomarchio, Teresio Avitabile, Alfredo Reibaldi, Ital J Pediatr. 2013; 39:18. Published online 2013 Mar 14. doi: 10.1186/1824-7288-39-18
4. http://www.uveitis.org/docs/dm/ocular_allergy.pdf. asses on 3/09/17
5. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allergic_conjunctivitis, asses on 3/09/17
6. http://www.wikidoc.org/index.php/Conjunctivitis_pathophysiology asses on 3/09/17
7. Conjunctivitis –Epidemiology, Diagnoosis, Treatment and management. Encyclopedia stateuniversity.com . asses on 3/09/17
8. Conjunctivitis: Differentiating Allergic, Bacterial & Viral Conjunctivitis". conjunctivitis. blogspot.com. asses on 3/09/17
9. Abokyi.S, Koffuor.G.A, Ntodie.M, Kyei.S, Gyanfosu.L. Epidemiological profile and pharmacological management of allergicconjunctivitis: A study in Ghana, International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical research, 2012.p.195.
10. Aney J.S, Rashmi Tambe , Maushumi Kulkarni , Kiran Bhise, Pharmacological And Pharmaceutical Potential Of Moringa oleifera: A Review, Journal of Pharmacy Research Vol.2.Issue 9.September 2009 Aney Joice et al. / Journal of Pharmacy Research 2009, 2(9),1424-1426 1
11. Krup V, Prakash LH, Harini A (2013) Pharmacological Activities of Turmeric (Curcuma longa linn): A Review. J Homeop Ayurv Med 2:133. doi: 10.4172/2167-1206.1000133
12. Parmar, C. and M.K.Kaushal. 1982. Berberis aristata. p. 10–14. In: Wild Fruits. Kalyani Publishers, New Delhi, India
13. https://www.bimbima.com/ayurveda/medicinal-use-of-daruhaldi-berberis-aristata-or- indian- barberry/1474/ assess on 11/08/17
14. http://www.planetayurveda.com/library/daruharidra-berberis-aristata assess on11/08/17
15. Prof. K. Nishteswara Dr. Koppula Hemadri, Dravyaguna Vijnana, Chaukhambha Sanskrita Pratishthana, Delhi, 1st Edition 2010; pg.39
16. Dr. Padmavathi T. Rathod*, Dr. Darshana Dhotre, Dr.Mamatha K. V., Dr. Neeta and Dr. Sujathamma K.,Critical Analysis And Applied Aspects Of Yashtimadhu With Reference To Diseases Of Eye, EJBPS, 2017, Volume 4, Issue 6, 226-234.
17. . Kaur R, Kaur H and Dhindsa AS: Glycyrrhiza glabra: A Phytopharmacological Review. Int J Pharm Sci Res 2013: 4(7); 2470-2477. doi: 10.13040/IJPSR. 0975- 8232.4(7).2470-77
18 https://www.karger.com/Article/Pdf/452116 asses on 27/02/18
19 Ediriweera E, Premarathna N, Medicinal and cosmetic uses of Bee’s Honey- A review. AYU [serial online] 2012 [cited 2018 Feb 27] : 33: 178-82
20 Dr. J. L. N. Sastry, Illustrated Dravyaguna Vijnana, Chaukhambha Orientalia, Varanasi, Vol-II, 3rd edition, 2008; pg. 220
21 Vd. Mukund Sabnis, Chemistry & Pharmacology of Ayurvedic Medicinal Plants, Chaukhamba Amarabharati Prakashan, Varanasi, Vol-I, 1st edition-2006; pg. 191.
22 C.P. Khare (Ed.) Indian Medicinal Plants ISBN: 978-0-387-706375 Springer-Verlag Berlin/Heidelberg pg. 238
23 Vd. Mukund Sabnis, Chemistry & Pharmacology of Ayurvedic Medicinal Plants, Chaukhamba Amara bharati Prakashan, Varanasi, Vol-I, 1st edition-2006; pg. 191.
24 Upadhyaya R. et al. , Assessment of the Multifaceted Immunomodulator Potential of the Aqueous Extract of Tinospora Cordifolia Research Journal of Chemical Sciences 1(6), 71-79, Sept. (2011).
25 Rege NN, Thatte UM, Dahanukar SA. 1999 Adaptogenic properties of six rasayana herbs used in Ayurvedic medicine. Phytother Res 1999; 13:275-291.
26 Badar VA et al. 2005. Efficacy of Tinospora cordifolia in allergic rhinitis. J Ethnopharmacol 2005; 96: 445-9.
27 Adhvaryu MR, Reddy N and Vakharia BC 2008. Prevention of hepatotoxicity due to antituberculosis treatment: A novel integrative approach. World J Gastroenterol 2008.
28 Heidari MR, Mehrabani M, Pardakhty A, Khazaeli P, Zahedi MJ, Yakhchali M, et al. The analgesic effect of Tribulus terrestris extract and comparison of gastric ulcerogenicity of the extract with indomethacine in animal experiments. Ann N YAcad Sci 2007;1095:418-27
29 Sidney J.Stohs and Debasis Bagchi;Antioxidant, Anti-inflammatory, and Chemoprotective Properties of Acacia catechu Heartwood Extracts ; PHYTOTHERAPY RESEARCH Phytother. Res. 29: 818–824 (2015) (wileyonlinelibrary.com) DOI: 10.1002/ptr.5335
30 Santosh Pal, A Ramamurthy, Bidhan Mahajon, Arogyavardhini Vati: A theoritical analysis, Journal of Scientific and Innovative Research 2016; 5(6): 225-227
31 Dravyaguna Vijnana , Priyavat Sharma, Chaukhamba Bharati Academy, Varanasi, Vol.2 Reprint Edition,2005, P. No. 111-114
32 Dravyaguna Vijnana, Priyavat Sharma, Chaukhamba Bharati Academy, Varanasi, Vol.2, Reprint Edition,2005, P. No. 113