^Back To Top
1Dr. Wadkar Archana , 2Dr Pravin Sawant
1Associate Professor, Dept. Of Panchakarma, Hon. Shri. Annasaheb Dange Medical College, Ashta, Sangli, Maharashtra
2Associate Professor, Dept. Of Kayachikitsa, Bharati Vidyapeet College of Ayurved, Pune
In modern days, life style of the people has became fast. They have busy schedules, different types of physical and emotional stress, fasting and eating fast foods etc. Because of these reasons, many people are suffering from ardhavbhedaka. Severe pain is main symptom in ardhavbhedaka. In modern science, Migraine disease which is similar to Ardhavabhedaka roga, which affects and causes pain to the half of the head. Migraine headache is a neurological disease. A Positive family history is obtained in 70% of individuals affected by migraine. It is a wide spread in the population with varying severity. The aim of the study is to give consolation to the Ardhavabhedaka patients and helps to avoid further complication by giving nasya. Nasya is one of the Panchkarma, which is important in Urdhwa-jatrugata roga. Nirgundyadi ghrit is explained in treatment of Ardhavabhedaka,in Ashtang Sangrah,Uttarsthan. Nirgundi is vatashleshmghna ,Vedanasthapan, its Tikta- Katu Rasa and Ushna Veerya,it subsides kapha dosha. So, the combine action of Nirgundi swaras, Ghritmand and Saindhav subside vata and kapha dosh,which is useful in Ardhvabhedaka. 60 patients selected randomly after detailed examination diagnosed as Ardhavabhedaka, from Panchakarma OPD. History was recorded in a specially designed Performa. Proper plan of treatment was made and after taking written consent from the patient, single blind trial was conducted. Dose- 4 bindu, route- Nasal, duration- 13 days(every alternate day) Statistical Analysis done by using ‘z’ test. It has been seen that there is significant result in the lakshanas of Manyashool, Karnashool and Akshishool. Also highly significant result in the lakshanas of Bhrushool, Shankhashool and Ardhalalatshool. In this study, it has observed that Nirgundyadi Ghrit Nasya is more significant than Goghrit in Ardhavabhedaka.
Key words – Ardhavabhedaka - Nirgundyadi Ghrit - Nasya.
1. Charak samhita- P. Kashinath Shastri, Dr. Gorakhnath Chaturvedi- Choukhambha Bharati Academy, Varanasi. RP-2001
2. Ashtang sangraha- Dr. Ravindranath Tripathi- Choukhambha Sanskrit pratisthan, Delhi. RP-2001
3. Ashtang Hridaya- Dr. Anna Moreshwar Kunte, V.S. Krushna shastri Naware- Choukhambha Oriyantaliya, Varanasi.7th edition 1982
4. Madhavanidan- Dr. Bramhanand Tripathi- Choukhambha Vidyabhavan, Varanasi
5. Bhavaprakashof bhavmishra- Prof. K.R. Srikantha Murthy- Choukhambha Krishnadas Academy, Varanasi.RP-2002
6. Sharangdhar samhita- Prof. K.R. Srikantha Murthy- Choukhambha Orientalia, Varanasi, 1984
7. Dravya Guna Vidnyana- Priyavat Sharma- Choukhambha Amarabharati Prakashan, Varanasi 1998
8. Ayurvediya panchakarma- Vidnyana- Vaidya Haridas Shridhar Kasture- Shri Vaidyanath Ayurveda Bhavan, 7th edition 2006
9. Sushrut samhita- Kaviraj Dr. Ambikadatta-shastri- Choukhambha Sanskrit sansthan, Varanasi. RP- 2008
10. Vachaspatyama(A Compressive San Sushrut samhita- Kaviraj Dr. Ambikadatta-shastri- Choukhambha Sanskrit sansthan, Varanasi. RP- 2008