^Back To Top
*1. Dr.Patil Pratik M., 2. Dr. Bobade Rajkumar B., 3. Dr. Firke Arti R.
1. Assistant Professor, Dept. of Swasthavritta, Dr. D. Y. Patil College of Ayurved and Research Institute, Nerul,
. Email -
2. Professor & HOD, Dept. of Swasthavritta, College of Ayurved & Research Center, Akurdi,
3. Associate Professor, Dept. of Swasthavritta, College of Ayurved & Research Center, Akurdi,
In today’s era, prevention has definitely a very important role in field of health sciences. A vital organ like eye is of great use without any doubt. Prevention of Eye from various diseases & maintaining the normal vision in today’s computerized and electronic world is of prime importance. For the same reason Ayurved had given very valuable remedies. Considering those parameters & data as a baseline, study was conducted on subjects with disorders related to eyes like Eye strain, Refractive errors, Dryness of Eyes, Lacrimation (Watering of eyes) etc. & were treated with study drug i.e. RUTU HARITAKI. Positive and very useful findings were observed which are discussed thoroughly in the Paper. Giving us a new Vision & ray of hope in field of Ophthalmology, not only in prevention but also in treatment of various diseases related to Eyes.
2) Acharya Vidyadhar Shukla, Charak Samhita, , Vol. 01, Chowkhamba Sanaskrit Sansthan, Varanasi, 2002. Pg. no. 56-65.
3) Kaviraj Dr. Ambikadutta Shashtri, Sushrut Samhita, 12th Ed. Chowkhamba Sanaskrit Sansthan, Varanasi, 2001, pg. no. 334-348.
4) Kaviraj Atrideva Gupta, Ashtanga – Hrudaya, 14th Ed., Chowkhamba Krishnadas Acadamy, Varanasi. 2003, pg. no. 23-31.
5) Kaviraj Atrideva Gupta, Ashtanga – Sangraha, Vol. 1,Chowkhamba Krishnadas Acadamy,Varanasi, 2005, pg. no. 14-16.
6) Prof. K. R. Srikantha Murthy, Bavprakash, Vol. 01., Chowkhamba Krishnadas Acadamy, Varanasi, 2004. Pg. no. 67-87.
7) Shri Bramha Shankar Shastri, Yogaratnakar, Chowkhamba Sanaskrit Sansthan, Varanasi, 2004, pg. no. 108-110.
8) Dr. P. Himasagar Chandra Murthy, Sharangdhara Samhita, 1st Ed., Chowkhamba Sanaskrit Sansthan, Varanasi, 2001. Pg. no. 45-47.
9) K Park, Preventive & Social Medicine, 20th Ed., Bhanot Publication, Jabalpur, 2009, pg. no. 431-433.
10) Stephen J. H. Miller, Parson’s Diseases of Eye, 18th Ed. Churchill living stone, 1992 pg. 05-07.
11) Pandit Hemaraj Sharma, Kashyapa Samhita, Vol. 2, Chowkhamba Sanaskrit Sansthan, Varanasi, 1988, pg. 78-79.